Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{And this is why I coupon...}

If you read my guest blog yesterday over at Pure & Simple Organizing, you discovered my LOVE for coupons!!  I cannot imagine life without coupons.  They are the absolute best thing ever...well, at least I think so!!  It's FREE money people!!  FREE money that comes to you each and every weekend in your newspaper, and sometimes through the week as an added bonus.

I started couponing almost 4 years ago by clicking a link from an email I received from my mom.  I think I fell in love the minute I started reading and looking at drug store scenarios this awesome lady had so graciously put on her blog.  I couldn't believe how much stuff you could get for FREE.  And not just meaningless stuff but products I use everyday.  It was A-mazing!! 

That was 4 years ago.  I was such a rookie then :)  I'm pretty sure with the amount of couponing now under my belt,  I can confidently call myself a polished rookie.  I'm still learning everyday.  I enjoy any extra knowledge I can acquire to help save my family money on daily necessities in order to save extra money for Kayleigh's savings and splurges here & there. 
Pictured above is my CVS haul from this afternoon.  Want to guess my out of pocket total??  Keep reading for my steal reveal :) 
Today I grabbed:
  • 4 Speed Stick Deodorants on sale @ $1.99 each
  • 1 Old Spice Body Wash on sale @ $3.49
  • 2 Gillette ProGlide Razors @ $10.99 each
  • 3 boxes of Puffs on sale @ .88 each
  • 2 Colgate toothpastes on sale @ $2.74 each
  • 2 Dawn on sale @ .98 each
  • 3 Hallmark cards @.99 each
  • 2 Reese peanut butter eggs on sale @ .87 each
  • 1 carmel chew @ .33
I went shopping today armed with my coupons, $6.75 in Extra Care Bucks from last week, and a gift card holding a balance of $3.65.  Before store sales, tax and coupons I have $68.82 in merchandise.  Please be advised I did NOT spend that much money.  My grand total after coupons, store sales, ECBs and my gift card today was.........Drum roll please...............$6.83.  That's a savings of 90%.  Woohoo!  It feels great to walk out of the store with all of that merchandise having only paid pennies on the dollar...and I did it morally & legally. And as an added bonus, I have $10 ECB to spend next week. That is exciting!! 

I highly recommend checking out a couple of my favorite coupon blogs such as Southern Savers & Money Saving Mom.  Both sites have great tutorial pages.  I would be happy to help answer questions you may have as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment