Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Whatcha' Eatin' Wednesday}

So I started thinking...since I am being accountable to my audience in regards of my exercising, why not be accountable on my meals as well.  Almost every nutritional/diet/lifestyle article I've ever read, mentions a food journal.  I love my Weight Watchers instructer's slogan, "You bite it, you write it."  With Weight Watchers you keep a daily log (paper or online) to track your points for the day.  This is very helpful when you reflect back, especially if you had a better weight loss week at some point.  You can check your journal and confirm what foods and activities worked better for your body on that particular day/week.  It's a win win, really.  Sometimes we don't realize how much we put in our mouth daily (I know I didn't)...but seeing it written in black and white makes you ask yourself "Do I REALLY need that pack of crackers/bag of chips/donut/cookie?"

With that being said, I thought I would start journaling my food intake once a week (Wednesday) and offering some healthy...but still yummy...recipes.  I love to share recipes, especially good ones!  And I really love when people share their yummiest recipes with me too! (Hint, Hint)  Everyone needs a little inspiration and something new to spice it up, right?

My Breakfast:
Peach Chobani Greek Yogurt.  This stuff is packed full of protein (14g) and has 0g of fat.  That works for me!  It keeps me satisfied throughout the morning so I'm not snacking on empty calories.  And it's also only 3 points+ with WW...SCORE!!

My Lunch:

Ok, don't judge :)  We had lunch catered in by a drug rep from a local Mexican restaurant.  The good news...I did NOT clean my plate and ate less than 10 tortilla chips.  To me, that's an accomplishment!  You see, I LOOOOOOOOVE Mexican food and normally there isn't a smidge left.  But today there was, so I don't feel that bad about it.  However, I do not EVEN want to try and guesstimate how many WW points+ this meal would be.

My Dinner:
We are planning to each manwich sandwiches for dinner.  Each manwich sandwich (including bun) is about 7 WW points+.  We are having slaw and french fries along with our sandwiches.  I'm still pretty full from lunch, so I plan to keep it light for dinner.

Last but not least...should you need help planning for dinner tonight, or any night this week, I highly recommend the Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms recipe from WW.  It is so yummy, you would never know it was a light recipe...cross my heart!!  Matt loves this recipe.  He has requested it several times since I found the recipe this past summer.  That's how I determine if I will cook it again...I run it past him.  If we both approve, it's a keeper.  This is def a keeper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment