Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{Happy Valentine's Day}

I hate the fact that Valentine's Day has turned into such a ridiculously expensive commercial holiday.  I too am guilty for participating in buying gifts for Kayleigh and Matt...but isn't it really ALL about Love??  Why do we "need" tangible items to declare our love for others?  Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't make an extra effort to express your love for someone today.  But then again, shouldn't you do this every day?  You don't necessarily have to present your loved one/significant with some kind of gift, but maybe instead, just a quick note or a nice card with something from the heart.  That would mean more to me than a gift, honestly.  I think we all get lost in the Valentine's hype and forget that sometimes the little things in life really mean the most. 

With that being said...I can't wait to spend the evening with Kayleigh, Matt, and Matt's family eating dinner and enjoying each other's company.

I both of my lovies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment